Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2008

New FAE exhibition

src="http://fantasyartofetsy.webng.com/exhibition/exbanner_march.jpg"
border="0" target="_blank">



March Madness was my idea-- I've seen lots of Alice In Wonderland and dark fantasy stuff, so when we decided to do more exhibitions, I thought it would be good to give people a chance to pull out some of their more unusual pieces.

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last update, but I got an injury on a fingertip that has made typing a lot more difficult for a while.

In the theme of madness, this poem was written in character a while back, but works quite well without any background and isn't really that dark...

Silver Tears


Oh kiss, my love, these silver tears,
And make the madness go away.
My pain is more than I can say,
Yet at love’s touch it disappears.

Now beak these bonds, these chains of hate
I’ve carried through long, lonely years,
Forged of faithlessness and fears,
And tempered by the blows of fate.

Then bring, my love, the light of day
That burns the fog that clouds my sight,
For still my soul is full of night
And only you can see the way.

Then lift, my love, with easy might
This spirit lain with heavy weight.
Your love alone can consecrate
A heart so long removed from right.

The silver tears that gently traced
A song of woe across my face,
Are vanished, lost in your embrace;
And lest by me you be debased,
Or that your love may seem misplaced,
I vow to dedicate to grace
All strength within this mortal case
Until my faults are all erased.

No comments: