Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Paintings of the bay


I currently have one done-- of waves crashing on the rocks-- and two in progress. The two in progress are a monochrome acrylic (ultramarine blue shades and tints) and a watercolor, mostly green, of a sailboat with a treelined hill shore in the background.

One of the themes coming up this month is "Close to Home", and I think I should reserve one of the unfinished ones for that theme. I haven't been able to think of anything for the Americana theme. My "Artist at Play" theme will be a self-portrait dancing. And I have some things I could do quickly for the "Homage to Impressionism". Thoughts on Americana, anyone? I don't know if I have the skill for it, but would it technically be Americana if I painted prehistoric America?

No comments: