Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting Ready for my show...



I've got a lot of new and never-before-seen paintings: meaning on one hand, ones I have just finished, and on the other, ones that I tucked away after painting and hadn't done anything with. The near photo shows some of my works in progress, either for the show or for Etsy. There will be several small works; I'm hoping people will be more inclined to buy something relatively cheap and easy to find a place for. Snowbringer, the left picture, is one I had to retouch due to a bit of smudge from one of Allan's pieces. I like it even better now, and I'm rather proud of how the glimmering paint looks in the photo. I think for some of the special effects I like to do, flash photography actually works better than natural lighting to capture the sheen.

No comments: