Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Remembering Keiko

September's theme for the Lodi Community Art Center is "Remembering". I'm working on a picture I started some time ago based on our first cat, Keiko, when she was a kitten. She was half-Siamese, a very clever and playful cat.
Sometimes a toy of hers would end up under a little faux-oriental rug we had, and I thought that made the perfect backgroun for her. Which is very attractive, but it's hard to try to do complex geometrics in perspective to a deadline... and I want the paintings to ride back to Lodi with my family after their visit tomorrow.

We're celebrating my brother's birthday, with a wonderful vegan dessert from Staff of Life.

I'm working on a couple of other cat-related pieces, too, my Cosmic Cat series where I mix astronomy and cats together.

No comments: