Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apple of Discord, and other ACEOs

These are ACEOs-- Art Card Editions and Originals, and in my case, all originals. They are art pieces done in the same dimensions as a trading card (like baseball cards), 2.5 x 3.5 inches. This makes them a great way for people without big houses and big budgets to have their own art collection, and I'm all about making art available for everyone.
This is the most recent group I've painted, but ACEOs have their own section in my shop and I just painted 5 more pieces tonight that I haven't had time to photograph.

Today's poem is extemporaneous, referencing the same legend in the red painting above.

Eris's apple: To the fairest.
Sweet temptation of the ego,
Shining brightly, like an insect
Full of toxics, sharp and bitter.
Brightly golden, worse than pyrite,
Costing more labor and bloodshed
Than Gold Rushes coming later.
Paris judges, but no winner
In the end, except Fair Discord.

No comments: